We have been providing an on-site ICT Maintenance and Support service to primary schools for over 15 years and have increased the number of contracts year on year. We now support over 80 Primary Schools in Norfolk and Suffolk of varying sizes, and have contracts with Suffolk Pupil Referral Units and Multi Academy Trusts where we work with CEO’s and Executive Heads to distribute and provide ICT support across the entire trust encouraging collaborative learning, training and the sharing of resources.
We don’t just come in, fix your printing etc problems and leave. Our aim is to become part of the school team, working with you to ensure your ICT is working effectively, but also supporting you in using ICT to deliver the curriculum. We keep abreast of developments in technology in education and can advise you on the suitability of new equipment, cutting through the jargon and the sales talk, and check compatibility with your existing ICT set-up.
We work hard to maintain your school network and always ensure the safety, security and integrity of the system.
The development work we have carried out includes:
– upgrading operating systems to Server 2019 and Windows 10, whilst maintaining a look and feel that is familiar to staff and students
– installing improved wireless connectivity to create opportunities for using mobile devices and improve connection speeds
– installing iPads and other tablets for teacher and student use, linking them to interactive whiteboards and the server for storing and printing
– training staff on a variety of subjects including tablets, using cloud-based Office 365 for greater sharing and access to information, and blogging.
– moving schools onto the cloud to take advantage of modern methods of working flexibly.
But, at the end of the day, we know that the day to day priority is having working ICT and our Support Contract is tailored to meet your needs, allowing for variation in number of visits, visit length, and providing telephone, email & remote support. You will have visits on the same day/time, and by the same engineer, allowing you to get to know your engineer and establish a good working relationship.
What we offer
– x visit(s) per fortnight/week of [no.] hours
– repair, fault diagnosis and maintenance of all curriculum and administrative hardware, software and peripherals
– maintenance and administration of servers
– maintenance and administration of communications cabinets (including switches, hubs and cabling)
– hardware and software installations
– technical development
– software patching
– antivirus updating and maintenance
– recommendations for new hardware/software purchases
– quotes and purchase of new equipment
– telephone & email support where appropriate
– flexible hours, allowing for the banking of unused hours for use for a call-out or major equipment installation
– email management
– broadband – install and management services to include filtering and firewalls – see here for more info
In addition, we can provide a remote access service allowing us to diagnose & fix problems and carry out routine tasks without needing to be on-site, and a website design and support service.
So, if you are looking for a change in approach to your ICT support please give us a call to discuss your requirements.
Multi Academy Trusts
We provide all of our services to Multi Academy Trusts where we can work strategically and collectively across all the Trust schools and to the MAT organisation itself.
What it costs
Because our services and your schools are individual, we tailor the prices to you. Please talk to us about your requirements.
If you are not looking to take out a support contract, we can provide services on an as required basis, particularly in relation to installing wireless access points, network points, and iPads/tablets. We would work alongside your current ICT support provider to bring our expertise into your school.
Training & INSET
We can provide a range of training sessions for staff during twilight sessions and inset days. Subjects include, but not limited to:
– using Google Apps
– Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Publisher and Access)
– iPads – usage in the curriculum and how to use the devices
– Office 365
– operating Systems (Windows 10, IOS, OSX and computer usage)
– e-Safety for Pupils, Staff, Parents and Carers